How do I get access to the partner portal?
The Partner Center can be found at http://www.redhat.com/partners/. You must be a member of the Red Hat Partner Program to get access to the resources and tools available there.
Do I have to return a signed contract to Red Hat, or is the on-line partner agreement, site terms, and export control agreement sufficient?
There is no written contract to sign. All forms are located on-line.
How do I become a Red Hat Advanced or Premier Business Partner?
Every partner starts out as a Red Hat Ready partner. In order to move to Advanced status, you need to achieve one core specialization and complete an approved business plan. For Premier status, you have to achieve one core specialization plus an additional specialization (Core or Featured), and complete an approved business plan. Program level is also a function of revenue.
How do I get a specialization?
Core Specializations require two salespeople to complete the sales training accreditations, and one technical person to complete the related technical accreditation (e.g., Red Hat Certified Technician for Infrastructure) . The requirements for Featured Specializations will vary according to the type of specialization.
How do I meet the sales accreditation requirements for Advanced and Premier Business Partners?
Sales accreditation is achieved by completing one of two training programs:
Red Hat Partner Platform Certified Salesperson:
The modules in the Platform Accreditation are designed to provide the skills needed to sell the infrastructure solutions Red Hat offers. Please see the guide located in the Training section of the Partner Center.
Red Hat Partner Middleware Certified Salesperson:
The modules in the Middleware Accreditation assist you with the skills you need to sell the middleware solutions, JBoss, a division of Red Hat, offers. Please see the guide located in the training section of the Partner Center
After sales accreditation, you will be able to pitch and sell the appropriate products to solve your customer's problems.
How can I attend sales and technical training from Red Hat and JBoss?
You can participate in Red Hat sales and technical training via:
- Red Hat offers both sales and technical webinars on topics ranging from virtualization to network management to a variety of JBoss topics
- These sessions are the same classroom training that we provide to Red Hat direct sales representatives at the start of their career. This is product training from the "how do you sell it" point-of-view, given in two day-long sessions. The first day focuses on Red Hat infrastructure products, and includes the Red Hat value proposition and Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The second day focuses on JBoss Enterprise Middleware, Metamatrix, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) strategy.
- Partners have access to GLS training. Choose from infrastructure and middleware courses that will help your people learn how to increase sales with these offerings.
What is the Red Hat Partner Customer Reference Program?
The Red Hat Customer Reference Program enables partners to submit customers for sales and marketing activities such as case studies, videos, webinars, press releases, awards and speaking opportunities. These sales and marketing opportunities will showcase your work with Red Hat and JBoss to potential customers, promote open source solutions, build brand awareness, and help generate new sales.What is the process for submitting a customer for a customer reference?
- There are two ways to submit a customer reference.
- Through Partner Center, complete the Customer Reference Submission Form
- Email email@example.com
- Information is submitted to a Red Hat Customer Reference Manager
- Information is reviewed by Red Hat and a call is scheduled to discuss joint activities
- Red Hat conducts success story interviews: One with partner, one with partner and customer
- Red Hat drafts the joint success story/press release/award nomination/speaking abstract
- Partner and customer review initial drafts of materials and sends edits/revisions/changes to Red Hat
- Red Hat incorporates changes/publishes/and discusses joint marketing plan with partner